Pages

Aug 3, 2010

Back to that old subject: Life

A friend of a friend died last week. She was only in her early 50's. It all seemed so fast. It should make us question our lives, realize how quickly a life can be torn away, make us live life to the full...we should be following that popular little saying buzzing around: Live, Love, Laugh. But do we...nope we don't.

It's hard to break free of the chains that bind us, hard to switch our more or less automatic response to life and its issues. I want to think who cares about the ironing or the chores can wait but that goes against my whole upbringing. The idea that I am unable to do that makes me feel bitter and angry. Why was I and why are we taught to worry about the small stuff?


Perhaps my friends, friend would have given anything to live, perhaps she would never iron again, or clean up, or watch what she says or wears. We live, we die and in between we worry about our weight, our looks, money and status and yet none of this matters at the end. It cant come with us, and its meaningless without us.

I shall make a good effort to change some things and not let this oppotunity to review what is important slip by.

3 comments:

  1. This is the same theme as my post. I guess great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really, I need to head over to your post. Now I like the idea of having a ghreat mind. I'm working on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about your post yesterday and the quote "yet none of this matters at the end"

    How can we really get that message to soak in? I guess the answer is that we just keep on trying to get it right. Thanks again for your post.

    ReplyDelete