Pages

Aug 26, 2010

None of it Matters in the or at the End

The reheadriter asked

I was thinking about your post yesterday and the quote "yet none of this matters at the end"
How can we really get that message to soak in? I guess the answer is that we just keep on trying to get it right. Thanks again for your post.

I wanted to come up with a breath taking answer but, I have to admit I don’t know. Perhaps constant mantra’s or affirmations until the mind has been brainwashed into living in and enjoying the moment. Many swear that to get to that mindset, one can use meditation. I am just beginning that journey which is not at all easy.

I want and hope to find some peace with who I am, where I have been and where I am going. I need to be aware of, but not afraid by the fact that I will indeed end and the moment is all I have. I want to be able to hold each moment as precious and live in it without pressure from the next moment. I want to smile more and be happy to have the moment and not be afraid of losing it. For me, its all about fear of losing precious moments and in the process, ironically spoiling them.





Love Jen

5 comments:

  1. Meditation is indeed very hard. I've been practicing since 1993. Some days are easier than others... but one thing that has taken hold is this moment. Some how I have learned to live in this moment. I don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow... only right now. This is all we have.

    There is a wonderful book that helped me with meditation, living in the moment, and understanding how to let go of attachments... it is called "Journey to Awakening" by Ram Dass.

    I hope you find your peace... it is a journey indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherri, I'll look out for that book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANt and LOVE THE LIFE YOU HAVE is my mantra - and it's a good duideline when I get caught up in regrets or envy, or anixety....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great read is The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.
    Are you thinking of starting a yoga practice? I have a couple of links on my WordPress site which is linked to my name now for your perusal.
    There is a link on my sidebar for a week of free yoga classes for the upcoming National Yoga Month. Check them out.
    I've practiced yoga and meditation for 30 years and it has been a blessing in many ways.
    Best,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all of you. I was thinking of starting to practice mindfulness meditation. I like the thought of Yoga meditation as well. I'll check out your site Elizabeth. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete