Pages

Aug 11, 2010

Smile

A few days ago, someone commented that I rarely smile any more. By adding the words "any more" the person implied...no not implied, stated that I used to smile a lot more. I was thinking but I do smile, I do honest. I felt an urge to defend (what seemed like) the accusation. But I paused and I took a breath and thought on what had been said. I came back with YES I smile less. This led to my realization that I also laugh less, in fact its rare for me to laugh.

I was once always laughing and I loved life. Now, these days one day slips into another and nothing much happens in it apart from stress. My thoughts are dominated by worry, mostly about about what needs to be done. It's not surprising that the house renovations that should have taken a year are now into year 4 and it looks like it will be at least another year. Then, we will sell up and down size. This means I never actually got to enjoy the place as a home. What's to laugh about?

Of course there is more to the story. I don't intend to publish personal information, but the fact is, I need to remodel my whole life if I am to find laughter again.


Thank you Redhead Writer for your beautiful poem review "When You Are Old". It helped a lot, even though it brought tears to my eyes. Read it if you get the time here


Someone has offered to introduce me to and teach me to meditate. I am excited and believe if I am to find a way forward, I will find it inside me. First I need to find how to get inside me...I hope meditation will be my guide.

I must ensure I take up the offer and make time to do the work:

"An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied."
Arnold Glasow

As a newish blogger who intended this blog to be about Time and space, about how things work and about the unusual...I am not getting very far but, there is always Time to cover everything...isn't there?

Thanks once again to the Redheadwriter and the beautiful Yeats poem and for now I leave you with this:

Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it. 
Jacques Prévert

and

If you want to be happy, be.  
Leo Tolstoy








Love from Jen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment